Boston College has been able to reinvent take-out with PUC cabinets. Recognizing that consumer preference was already shifting toward automated, no-contact transactions, they were well on their way to choosing a system to accommodate student preferences prior to the pandemic. PUC was able to be installed and implemented quickly and Boston College was able to keep serving students without a hitch.
In addition, the university achieved operational control over order management.
- They can schedule orders, so staffing can be prioritized where it needs to be throughout the day.
- Food waste and labor expenses have been reduced.
- Notifications spur students to pick up orders on a timely basis.
- Training has been standardized and productivity has been improved.
- Average order sized has been increased.